histoire patrimoine La croix Valmer gare train des pignes architecture architectural domaine villa ancienne 19ème siècle XIX orangeraie louise turquoise
Sold in 2016, this building housed a convalescence home for priests, nuns and monks since 1963. It is still used as a landmark for sailors at sea.
Built in 1900, this villa used to be an orphanage, managed by the Sisters of Nazareth. When they stopped their activity, it became sponsored by the Domain and was transformed into the “Grand Hotel”.
Establishment for remedial-treatments from 1906 to 1914, it stopped all its activities during the war. In 1923, the “Comité Commun de l’Hygiène de l’Enfance” established itself there. Since 1969, it has been a socio- educational institute.
Also known as “Villa Therese”, it was built before 1920. It is the property of Germaine Roger, manager of the “Gaietés Lyriques”.
Built between 1907 and 1909 on a plot bought by Mrs du Plessis de Pestre.
Built before 1914, it used to be named “Villa Souvenir”.
Overhanging Plage de Sylvabelle, it is recognizable due to its turrets, it is said to have been built for Sarah Bernhardt, also known as Les Heures Claires.
Beautiful Belle Epoque style, with its tulip shaped roof, its exterior frescoes and the painted ceiling of the main room.
Property of the Rouyer-Warnier family, the house was bequeathed in 1925 to the “Hospices de Lyon et Reims” on the condition to use it as a sanatorium. In 2019, it became a luxury hotel residence.
Villa les Bruyères
Built in 1915 and a property of the Dugueyt family. It was the local school from 1934 to 1991. Now, it is where the activities of the “Maison des Jeunes et de la Culture (MJC)”.
To facilitate transport, the famous “Train des Pignes” was created around 1890. Train services were reinstated after the war but were soon replaced by a bus service. The Train Station houses the local library.